A librarian is a person who has received library science training and is in charge of library services at public libraries, colleges, universities, and schools(Librarian Course Syllabus Qualification).
Librarians are now responsible for more than just bookshelves they now manage electronic information resources.
For different competitive tests, student competition is expanding. Students look for books and study materials from a variety of places for their studies, and the library is usually the first place that comes to mind. To become a librarian, you must possess certain abilities, such as communication, organizational skills, and knowledge of literature, among others. You should also be familiar with electronic devices that may be utilized as information sources.
Librarian Course Syllabus Qualification, How to Apply
Librarians are in high demand in both the public and private sectors right now. They can also work as a research assistant for lecturers or prepare bibliographies and catalogues for publishing businesses. You can continue your education in this subject.
What is a Librarian Course?
A Librarian Course is a course that teaches you all you need to know about library science. The number of colleges, institutes, and universities, for example, is growing. There is a need for skilled librarians to manage the libraries of universities and academic institutions, among other things. The following things will be covered in the Librarian Course:
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Information Sources and Services Foundations of Library and Library Management
- Practical Guide to Library Cataloguing
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Library Cataloguing
- Theory of Library Classification, and so on
- Courses for Librarians of Different Types After
- There are three primary types of courses available. One can enrol in a diploma
- course, a certificate course, or a bachelor’s graduate degree etc.
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- Courses for bachelor’s degrees
Certificates in Library Science and Certificates in Library and Information Science are two different types of certificates.
Diplomas in Library Science and Library and Information Science are two different types of library science diplomas.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses:
Bachelor of Library Science and Bachelor of Library and Information Science are two different types of library science degrees.
Master of Library Science, Master of Library and Information Science, M.Phil. Library and Information Science, and PhD in Library and Information Science are all examples of library and information science degrees.
The Undergraduate courses are the best for pursuing a career in this profession out of all the options. In the Indian market, a degree is more valuable than a diploma certificate.
Eligibility Criteria Requirement:
To enrol in the librarian course, you must have completed class 12th from a government-approved board. (Either the State Board or the Central Board.) To take a certificate course, diploma course, or bachelor’s degree course, a person must have completed class 12th.
After 12th grade, there is no indication of an age limit for enrollment to the Librarian course. However, the candidate’s age must meet the Indian Education Standard.
A course’s syllabus for a diploma or bachelor’s degree might change. If you seek a diploma, certificate, or even a degree in this field, you will learn about the following topics:
- Society and the Library
- Computer Application in LICs
- Sources and Services of Information
- Gender Inequalities and Patriarchy
- Cataloguing at the Library (Theory)
- Cataloguing at the Library (Practical)
- Classification of the Library (Theory)
- Classification of the Library (Practical)
A librarian’s responsibilities include:-
- Keeping track of library materials and stationery.
- Putting on Community Events
- Providing assistance to visitors
- Managing a team
- Increasing the number of people who utilise library resources
- Creating a user-friendly organisation of information resources.
- Answering questions and assisting library visitors.
- Keeping up with the latest publications
- Increasing the number of people who utilise the library.
- Organizing activities such as reading groups and so on
Salary and Job Description
A new librarian’s beginning pay ranges from ₹ 10,000 to ₹ 15, 000. The compensation rises as you gain experience. Librarian, Information analyst, Senior Information Analyst, Junior Information Analyst, Head of Information Centre, Assistant Librarian, Junior Librarian, Librarian Attendant, and Professional Assistant are some of the profiles one can choose from.
Eligibility for Library Science Courses in 2022
Candidates for the Bachelor’s degree in Library Science (B. Lib) must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised college or institution.
After finishing his 12th standard, a candidate can enrol in this course. On the basis of his Class 12th result, he can enrol in a Library Science Diploma or Certificate course.